Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Orange Chocolate Angel Food Cake

This is my best New Year Orange Chocolate Angel Food Cake. It took me almost the whole day to bake and frost it. But it was worth it!

For cake part I used modified recipes of Angel Food Cake (I've made it Orange & Almond) and Chocolate Angel Food Cake (with almond hint). I used a half of both recipes. To the first cake I added zest of 1 orange, 1 tsp of orange flavour and 2 tbsp of grounded almonds. For the second I used only additional 2 tbsp of grounded almonds. And I always substitute cream of tartar with equal quantity of fresh lemon juice.

For this cake I used two type of frosting. First one is the orange-cointreau cream (including 375 ml of double cream), second one is chocolate cream (including 300 ml of double cream).

No comments:

Post a Comment